Friday, October 5, 2007

Notes from the Universe

My wife and I have been subscribers to Audible for the last few months. We downloaded a title recently that was divided into multiple parts, as Pam wanted to listen to it for her book club while she was in her car traveling to and from work. (She can read the book faster than listening to it, but the local library didn't have enough copies for her and another club member, so she opted for CDs and windshield time instead.) However, two CDs in the middle of the set didn't burn properly, becoming repeats of previous sections of the book instead of the chapters they were to have been. I spent all of last evening trying to figure out how to reburn those two CDs.

At the beginning of the evening, while on Audible's website and on hold on the phone with their customer support, I clicked a link that took me to Mike Dooley's audio book "Notes from the Universe: New Perspectives from an Old Friend" and, after googling the title, to his website at www.tut.com. He was in the video "The Secret" and, initially, I wasn't sure what to make of him. His motto seemed almost too simple: "Thoughts become things". Yeah, I got that from all my other studies in metaphysics, etc. Nothing new here...or so I thought. Now, I'm kicking myself (and apologizing both to Mike and the Universe) for the judgment and for, once again, overthinking my life.

"Notes from the Universe" is nothing short of astounding, in my humble opinion. The book set is a compliation of notes e-mail to subscribers since its inception...it's on my list of books to purchase now. I became a subscriber last night, and the note I got today was spot-on to what I needed to hear...which is kinda refreshing, since the only other time that happens with regularity is in church -- my pastor's homilies often speak to me in ways that are really needed at the time they appear. The difference here is that my "Note" is a few minutes in length and is sent to my e-mail box every weekday. So, now I've got all but Saturday covered in the targeted inspirational message area of my life. Maybe I will read all the weekly notes again on Saturday.

I'm grateful that the problem my wife ran into with her audio book CDs resulted in reintroducing me to exactly what I need right now. Now I just need to get those two CDs fixed for her to return the favor.

Enjoy the day! Namaste

No comments: